- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small
- amount of sauce into the eggs; return all to pan, stirring
- constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches
- 160°, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup
- Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, nutmeg and cayenne. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in remaining butter until
- tender. Add chicken; cook and stir until juices run clear. Stir in
- the broccoli, carrot and remaining salt. Cover and cook over medium
- heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add parsley and
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer 1/2 cup of the sauce,
- three noodles, half of the chicken mixture, 1/2 cup sauce and a
- third of the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan
- cheese. Top with three noodles, the remaining chicken mixture, half
- of the remaining mozzarella, 1 tablespoon Parmesan and 1/2 cup
- sauce. Top with the remaining noodles. Place the remaining
- mozzarella slices over noodles. Top with remaining sauce; gently
- lift noodles away from sides of the dish, letting sauce flow
- underneath. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly and
- golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 372 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 696 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.