Broccoli, Hamburger and Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; add bouillon and stir until dissolved. Add broccoli; cook according to package directions. Do not drain. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Remove from the heat and stir in milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the cheese, beef, broccoli with cooking liquid. Cook until heated through and cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 302 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli, Hamburger and Cheese Soup
"I've made this so many times now. It is one of my all-time favorite soup recipes. The only change I make is I use fresh instead of frozen broccoli. Tastes even better as leftovers!"