Broccoli, Hamburger and Cheese Soup Recipe
This is a meal in itselfit's both hearty and nutritiousand I usually serve it with just a simple salad and hard rolls.Gloria Cudmore, Castlewood, South Dakota
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef, cooked and drained
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; add bouillon and stir until dissolved. Add broccoli; cook according to package directions. Do not drain. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Remove from the heat and stir in milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the cheese, beef, broccoli with cooking liquid. Cook until heated through and cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli, Hamburger and Cheese Soup in Country Ground Beef 1993, p23
Reviews for Broccoli, Hamburger and Cheese Soup(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2013
I've made this so many times now. It is one of my all-time favorite soup recipes. The only change I make is I use fresh instead of frozen broccoli. Tastes even better as leftovers!