Broccoli & Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
A symphony of flavor is yours the minute you bite into this refreshing, colorful salad. The veggies are lightly coated with a simple dressing and accented with thyme and feta cheese. —Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 4 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (about 2 large)
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, sliced
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 7 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes, red peppers and thyme in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with 3 teaspoons oil. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Cool; discard thyme sprigs.
- 2. Fill a large saucepan half full of water; bring to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the roasted vegetables, broccoli, cheese and sunflower kernels. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Pour over vegetable mixture and gently toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 141 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC