Broccoli & Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (about 2 large)
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, sliced
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 7 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the sweet potatoes, red peppers and thyme in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with 3 teaspoons oil. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Cool; discard thyme sprigs.
- Fill a large saucepan half full of water; bring to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted vegetables, broccoli, cheese and sunflower kernels. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Pour over vegetable mixture and gently toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli & Sweet Potato Salad(3)
Sort By :
The colour was a nice addition to our Thanksgiving table, however, the texture was kind of "raggy" (maybe because I made it a day ahead?), and I could barely taste any dressing, so it ended up being kind of bland.
I served this salad over a bed of spinach -- Delicious! Two days latter I added the leftovers over shredded lettuce and devoured it again. This is definitely a keeper!
I made this recipe for my family and friends and it vanished so fast, it was incredible. I would definitely make this again.