A symphony of flavor is yours the minute you bite into this refreshing, colorful salad. The veggies are lightly coated with a simple dressing and accented with thyme and feta cheese. —Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- 4 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (about 2 large)
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, sliced
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 7 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the sweet potatoes, red peppers and thyme in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with 3 teaspoons oil. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Cool; discard thyme sprigs.
- Fill a large saucepan half full of water; bring to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted vegetables, broccoli, cheese and sunflower kernels. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Pour over vegetable mixture and gently toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli & Sweet Potato Salad in Country Extra November 2008, p49
Reviews for Broccoli & Sweet Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review