If I don't have frozen broccoli on hand, I like to use frozen spinach or chopped carrots and celery instead. —Mary Price, Youngstown, Ohio
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Dash pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in broccoli; return to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Process in batches in a blender until smooth. Return to pan; heat through. Sprinkle servings with cheese and parsley. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli & Cheese Potato Soup in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Reviews for Broccoli & Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review