- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Dash pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in broccoli; return to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Process in batches in a blender until smooth. Return to pan; heat through. Sprinkle servings with cheese and parsley. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli & Potato Soup
"Very good and easy to make."
"I love the way my soup turned out. Like most cooking you need to add your own flare for your taste. I toped my bowl of soup with extra cheese and basil, yum! It freezes well ."
"My suggestion would be to add a little herbs to the recipe to add more flavor to it."
"If you notice in the nutritionals, the sodium count on this recipe is at 636 mg per serving. This is probably why it tastes so bland to folks. Try adding a pinch of salt at the table and you'll likely notice a difference."
"Rule # 1 ..... debunk the grump folks !Rule # 2 ..... beware, healthy recipe's for just about everything are usually NOT as good !Rule # 3 ..... the price for health & longer life !Rule # 4 ..... if all else fails, jazz it up & enjoy living in the fat lane ! Pun !THANKS Mary P. from Youngstown, Ohio for sharing with all the Taste of Home fans !"