Broccoli & Chicken Cheese Strata Recipe
On our dairy farm, chores often delay dinner. That's when this strata comes in handy. I'll prepare it beforehand and pop it in the oven for a quick and easy meal.
- 12 slices bread
- 2-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Using a doughnut cutter, cut 12 rings and holes in bread; set aside. Tear bread scraps and place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 2 cups cheese, broccoli and chicken. Arrange rings and holes on top; brush bread with melted butter.
- 2. Beat next six ingredients; pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove strata from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 325°. Bake, uncovered, 55-60 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 5 minutes longer. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 450 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 215mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli & Chicken Cheese Strata
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC