British Tenderloin & Pumpernickel Crostini Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 18 slices pumpernickel bread, halved
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 bunch watercress
- Rub oil over tenderloin; sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown beef on all sides. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-35 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, horseradish, lemon juice, paprika and remaining salt. Chill until serving.
- Brush both sides of bread with butter; place on baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 4-6 minutes or until toasted, turning once.
- Spread with sauce; top with beef. Garnish with watercress sprigs. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as British Tenderloin & Pumpernickel Crostini in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p29
Reviews for British Tenderloin & Pumpernickel Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baking Recipes >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bruschetta >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- New Year's Appetizers >