British Scones Recipe
I love going to British teas—we have a popular tearoom here in Albuquerque. These scones have an outstanding flavor and tender flaky texture.—Carole Jasier, Lecanto, Florida
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk the eggs, 1/3 cup cream and vanilla; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; gently knead 6-8 times.
- 2. Pat dough into a 6-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining cream.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until browned. Remove to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
1 scone equals 273 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for British Scones
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC