This is the first and only recipe I've ever used to prepared a fresh beef brisket. Serve it thinly sliced on a platter as an entree or use it for sandwiches.—Teri Lindquist, Gurnee, Illinois
- 1 beef brisket (about 5 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 5 to 6 gingersnaps, crushed
- Place brisket in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the water, chili sauce and soup mix; pour over meat. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Cool; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove meat and cut into 1/4-in.-thick slices; return to the pan. Sprinkle with gingersnap crumbs. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Originally published as Brisket with Gingersnap Gravy in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p57
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Brisket with Gingersnap Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2011
"I will be trying this because I like the idea of using gingersnaps but I'll use beef stock/broth instead of water and I'm thinking of adding a little maple syrup. I'll report back."