- 1 beef brisket (about 5 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 5 to 6 gingersnaps, crushed
- Place brisket in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the water, chili sauce and soup mix; pour over meat. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Cool; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove meat and cut into 1/4-in.-thick slices; return to the pan. Sprinkle with gingersnap crumbs. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Originally published as Brisket with Gingersnap Gravy in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p57
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Brisket with Gingersnap Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2011
I will be trying this because I like the idea of using gingersnaps but I'll use beef stock/broth instead of water and I'm thinking of adding a little maple syrup. I'll report back.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Brisket Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Hanukkah Dinner Recipes >