Cranberry sauce adds a pleasant sweetness to this slow-cooked brisket. Use jellied sauce instead of whole berry sauce if you like. —Nina Hall, Spokane, Washington
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Rub brisket with salt and pepper; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberry sauce, tomato sauce, onion and mustard; pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove brisket; thinly slice across the grain. Skim fat from cooking juices; serve with brisket. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Brisket with Cranberry Gravy in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 48
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Brisket with Cranberry Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review