- 1 fresh beef brisket (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Rub brisket with salt and pepper; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberry sauce, tomato sauce, onion and mustard; pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove brisket; thinly slice across the grain. Skim fat from cooking juices; serve with brisket. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Brisket with Cranberry Gravy
Sort By :
"I used this over a fresh picnic ham that had been smoked low and slow for 7-8 hrs. I transferred, after letting it rest, to a 500 degree oven for 20 min, turning every 5 min, to crisp up that layer of fan. If you like Boston Butt, you will like a fresh picnic ham. The sauce really, really was great over this roast."
"Just plane wonderful."
"This recipe is almost the same as I got from Campbell's kitchen, but cooked in dutch oven, very tasty......."
"Very different but yummy"