- 1 fresh beef brisket (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Rub brisket with salt and pepper; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberry sauce, tomato sauce, onion and mustard; pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove brisket; thinly slice across the grain. Skim fat from cooking juices; serve with brisket. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Brisket with Cranberry Gravy
Sort By :
"After Thxg, I had cranberry, but no one wanted another turkey sandwich; I found this recipe, so I got some "London broil" beef (no idea what the cut was), browned the meat & onions, used pressure cooker for 15 minutes (that's my taste: don't like "fall apart" meat). I'd added a pinch of pepper flakes and a splash of sweet-ish red wine (hostess gift that no one liked).The sauce nicely complemented the strong meat taste. I NEVER make beef, so not only was everyone surprised at the dish, but really happy that it turned out truly tasty. Leftovers made wonderful lettuce wraps and pretty good "rolls". (I'll put pretty much anything inside bread or biscuit dough).I just bought an extra bag of cranberries, just to make sure I can make this again. Will try with a nice wine and fruity salsa instead of tomato, or maybe some orange slices.Really like that the recipe is basic, so cook can add his/her own flavor preferences. GJ, ToH!"
"I used this over a fresh picnic ham that had been smoked low and slow for 7-8 hrs. I transferred, after letting it rest, to a 500 degree oven for 20 min, turning every 5 min, to crisp up that layer of fan. If you like Boston Butt, you will like a fresh picnic ham. The sauce really, really was great over this roast."
"Just plane wonderful."
"This recipe is almost the same as I got from Campbell's kitchen, but cooked in dutch oven, very tasty......."
"Very different but yummy"