- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 large oven roasting bag
- 1 fresh beef brisket (5 pounds), trimmed
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place 1 tablespoon flour in oven bag; shake to coat. Place bag in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan; place brisket in bag.
- Combine cranberry sauce, soup, tomato sauce, soup mix and remaining flour; pour over beef. Seal bag. Cut slits in top of bag according to package directions.
- Bake 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Carefully remove brisket from bag. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Thinly slice meat across the grain; serve with gravy. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Brisket in a Bag
Sort By :
"This may seem like a strange combination of ingredients but this recipe is delightful! I did however use mine in a crock pot as oppose to the oven. Worked great!! Not only did the house smell wonderful while cooking but flavorful gravy was wonderful served over mashed potatos. You will not be disapointed!"
"The meat comes out so tender and the gravy is delicious"
"Oh my gosh.....this is soooo good! Everyone loved it! YUMMY Followed recipe exactly."
"Tasty and super easy to make.."
"This was easy to put together, and really tasty. I cooked my brisket in a stoneware dish and covered it with tin foil. Baked it at 300 for 6 hours. Thanks for this recipe"