Smoky bacon and tender beef make this easy recipe a real winner. –Ruth Weatherford of Huntington Beach, California
- 2 pounds fresh beef brisket
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Place brisket in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with onion and bacon. Combine the tomato sauce, pepper and salt; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the refried beans, salsa and chilies. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove meat from slow cooker; shred with two forks.
- Layer the bean mixture, meat and cheese off-center on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Serve immediately or wrap individually in paper towels, then foil. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen burritos: Unwrap foil. Place paper towel-wrapped burritos on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Brisket 'n' Bean Burritos in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p19
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Brisket 'n' Bean Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review