At 10 o'clock each morning, it's coffee time at our house. Friends, neighbors and relatives stop by just to see what's baking in my oven. These rolls always satisfy.
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 5 eggs
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, lemon peel and salt. In a small saucepan, heat butter and milk to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Add 4 eggs; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in the remaining flour. Do not knead.
- 2. Spoon into a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Stir dough down. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Cover with a bowl; let rest for 15 minutes. Cut one-sixth from the dough; set aside. Shape remaining dough into 12 balls (about 2-1/2 in); place in well-greased muffin cups.
- 4. Divide reserved dough into 12 small balls. Make an indentation in the top of each large ball; place a small ball in each indentation. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5. Beat remaining egg; brush over rolls. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire racks to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving equals 295 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC