- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 5 eggs
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, lemon peel and salt. In a small saucepan, heat butter and milk to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Add 4 eggs; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in the remaining flour. Do not knead.
- 2. Spoon into a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Stir dough down. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Cover with a bowl; let rest for 15 minutes. Cut one-sixth from the dough; set aside. Shape remaining dough into 12 balls (about 2-1/2 in); place in well-greased muffin cups.
- 4. Divide reserved dough into 12 small balls. Make an indentation in the top of each large ball; place a small ball in each indentation. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5. Beat remaining egg; brush over rolls. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire racks to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 295 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Brioche
"I've made these a couple times now. Vey good!! Only change I think I would make is to do more rolls than just 12. I only let them rise half the time and they still fall out of the muffin cups. They are too big when only making 12. But still yummy!!"
"I didnt let it sit for as long as it suggests in the recipe and it was still delicious. The little balls your suppose to place on top didn't work out. They fell off and were just bread balls instead of muffin shaped but still DELICIOUS. Can't wait to make them again!!!!"