- a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 80-90 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings
- (cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly).
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour drippings and
- loosened browned bits into a measuring cup; skim fat and discard.
- Add enough broth to measure 1 cup.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and broth mixture until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with chicken. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces cooked chicken with about 2 tablespoons gravy equals 404 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 42 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.