You'll want to give thanks for this mouthwatering, slightly sweet turkey! A hint of spice makes this one of our best turkey recipes ever. —Tina Mirilovich, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- 2 quarts cold water, divided
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (2 to 3 pounds)
- BASTING SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 quart water, salt, brown sugar and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until salt and sugar are dissolved. Remove from the heat. Add the remaining cold water to cool the brine to room temperature.
- Place a large resealable plastic bag inside a second plastic bag; add turkey breast. Carefully pour cooled brine into bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible; seal bags and turn to coat. Place in a pan. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Meanwhile, combine basting sauce ingredients. Place turkey over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with sauce. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Brined Grilled Turkey Breast in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p25
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Brined Grilled Turkey Breast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review