- 2 quarts cold water, divided
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (2 to 3 pounds)
- BASTING SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 quart water, salt, brown sugar and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until salt and sugar are dissolved. Remove from the heat. Add the remaining cold water to cool the brine to room temperature.
- Place a large resealable plastic bag inside a second plastic bag; add turkey breast. Carefully pour cooled brine into bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible; seal bags and turn to coat. Place in a pan. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Meanwhile, combine basting sauce ingredients. Place turkey over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with sauce. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBrined Grilled Turkey Breast
"Moist, perfectly seasoned!"
"Should have added that when I make it in the oven I leave about an inch of the brine in the dutch oven, then baste as usual. I cover it if it seems to get too brown. Cooked for the time recommended on the package for breast or whole turkey."
"I have made this recipe many times. It is absolutely the best recipe that I have ever made with turkey. Sometimes I have made it in the oven, too. Always juicy and delicious."
"This is delicious. I put it on the rotisserie since it was too cold to grill out. Turned out great and have made it several times. Plan on doing a whole turkey with recipe for Easter."