- 2 quarts cold water, divided
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (2 to 3 pounds)
- BASTING SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 quart water, salt, brown sugar and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until salt and sugar are dissolved. Remove from the heat. Add the remaining cold water to cool the brine to room temperature.
- Place a large resealable plastic bag inside a second plastic bag; add turkey breast. Carefully pour cooled brine into bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible; seal bags and turn to coat. Place in a pan. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Meanwhile, combine basting sauce ingredients. Place turkey over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with sauce. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Brined Grilled Turkey Breast
Sort By :
This was the first time I brined a turkey breast or anything! It was super moist and very tastey! I did not grill it but I did put it in a turkey baking bag. Everyone loved it and said we should do this to all of our turkeys. Will be brining again in the future!
Should have added that when I make it in the oven I leave about an inch of the brine in the dutch oven, then baste as usual. I cover it if it seems to get too brown. Cooked for the time recommended on the package for breast or whole turkey.
I have made this recipe many times. It is absolutely the best recipe that I have ever made with turkey. Sometimes I have made it in the oven, too. Always juicy and delicious.
This is delicious. I put it on the rotisserie since it was too cold to grill out. Turned out great and have made it several times. Plan on doing a whole turkey with recipe for Easter.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >