Bright Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Dried cranberries are a nice alternative to the blueberries in these tasty muffins. My diabetic friends think these are great.—Pat Byble, Springhill, West Virginia
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat margarine
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, beat margarine and sugar substitute until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in honey and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture alternately with milk, beating just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 171 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Bright Blueberry Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC