“With three children in school, evenings are often hectic and short on time—especially during the holiday season,” says Ginger Burow in Fredericksburg, Texas. “I can put this dish together after school and still have time to run back to town for evening activities. Best of all, the kids love it.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until
- no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in beans,
- tomatoes and chili sauce; heat through.
- Place about 1/2 cup near the center on each tortilla; top with cheese
- and sour cream. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and
- roll up. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 430 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 1,022 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 21 g protein.