“With three children in school, evenings are often hectic and short on time—especially during the holiday season,” says Ginger Burow in Fredericksburg, Texas. “I can put this dish together after school and still have time to run back to town for evening activities. Best of all, the kids love it.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the refried beans, tomatoes and chili sauce; heat
- Spoon about 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with cheese
- and sour cream. Fold ends and sides over filling. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 8 burritos.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 430 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 1,022 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 21 g protein.