Brief Burritos Recipe
“With three children in school, evenings are often hectic and short on time—especially during the holiday season,” says Ginger Burow in Fredericksburg, Texas. “I can put this dish together after school and still have time to run back to town for evening activities. Best of all, the kids love it.”
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the refried beans, tomatoes and chili sauce; heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with cheese and sour cream. Fold ends and sides over filling. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 burritos.
Originally published as Brief Burritos in Country Woman November/December 2005, p35
Reviews for Brief Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2010
This was good but I added 3/4 teaspoon of cumin & 1/2 teaspoon of mexican oregano.
Reviewed May. 22, 2010
We love this recipe! Not only for the taste but also for how quick and easy it is!
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2007
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Burritos >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >