“With three children in school, evenings are often hectic and short on time—especially during the holiday season,” says Ginger Burow in Fredericksburg, Texas. “I can put this dish together after school and still have time to run back to town for evening activities. Best of all, the kids love it.”
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in beans, tomatoes and chili sauce; heat through.
- Place about 1/2 cup meat mixture near the center on each tortilla; top with cheese and sour cream. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brief Burritos in Country Woman November/December 2005, p35
Reviews for Brief Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2010
"This was good but I added 3/4 teaspoon of cumin & 1/2 teaspoon of mexican oregano."
Reviewed May. 22, 2010
"We love this recipe! Not only for the taste but also for how quick and easy it is!"