Brie with Pear Topping
"I prepared this for a party, and everyone thought it was great," writes Mary Ann Zadvorny of Stoney Creek, Ontario. "It is fast, easy and impressive.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 round Brie cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 small ripe red pear, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon butter
- Assorted crackers or bagel chips
- Place cheese in an ungreased oven-proof serving dish. Top with pear
- slices. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans. Dot with butter. Bake
- at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve with
- crackers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 tablespoon) equals 117 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer