Brie with Artichokes
If you're looking for something special for your holiday hors d' oeuvres table, this tangy out-of-the-ordinary appetizer will fill the bill. "It is so popular with my friends that I try to keep Brie cheese and artichoke hearts on hand at all time," relates Lucy Banks from Jackson, Mississippi.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 round (4-1/2 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Assorted crackers
- Slice Brie in half horizontally. Place the bottom half in a small
- round baking dish or pie plate. Combine the artichokes, basil, oil,
- garlic, salt and cayenne; spread over Brie.
- Replace top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until
- heated through. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer