Brie with Apricot Topping Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 round Brie cheese (8 ounces)
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, combine first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in rosemary.
- 2. Trim rind from top of cheese. Place cheese in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish. Spoon apricot mixture over cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is softened, 10-12 minutes. Serve warm with crackers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 129 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Brie with Apricot Topping
"OMG! I made this with a fresh peach diced and 1 tablespoon of water. Everything else was the same. It was amazing!"
"This was fabulous and so easy. Guests loved it! I did forget to add rosemary."
"Looks & tastes so delicious! The cheese melting and creamy with the sweetness & tartness of the apricots & balsamic...And it couldn't be easier to make."
"Delicious! A very tasty and easy to make appetizer which I served w/ Ritz and Club crackers. Don't think it would serve 6-8 people b/c it's so good that four of us gobbled it up in no time!. A keeper!"
"I left out the rosemary. Delicious!"
"Best brie appetizer I have ever made and I have tried lots! Made it twice already and both times HUGE hit."
"This is so very easy and looks like someone professional prepared it once ready. A big hit in this house and neighborhood for sure. Fantastic, tasty and uncomplicated. This should be in everyone recipe book."
"I have made this recipe several times and my husband loves it. It is very easy to put together and makes a lovely presentation. Everyone should definitely try it!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer