Brie with Apricot Topping Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 round Brie cheese (8 ounces)
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the apricots, brown sugar, water, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in rosemary.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. Remove rind from top of cheese. Place in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish. Spread apricot mixture over cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve with crackers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 129 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer