Brie with Apricot Topping Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 round Brie cheese (8 ounces)
- Assorted crackers
- In a small saucepan, combine the apricots, brown sugar, water, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in rosemary.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Remove rind from top of cheese. Place in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish. Spread apricot mixture over cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve with crackers. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Brie with Apricot Topping
Sort By :
"OMG! I made this with a fresh peach diced and 1 tablespoon of water. Everything else was the same. It was amazing!"
"This was fabulous and so easy. Guests loved it! I did forget to add rosemary."
"Looks & tastes so delicious! The cheese melting and creamy with the sweetness & tartness of the apricots & balsamic...And it couldn't be easier to make."
"Delicious! A very tasty and easy to make appetizer which I served w/ Ritz and Club crackers. Don't think it would serve 6-8 people b/c it's so good that four of us gobbled it up in no time!. A keeper!"
"I left out the rosemary. Delicious!"