Folks will think you fussed over this pretty appetizer, but it took our Test Kitchen only minutes to top a round of smooth and creamy brie with warm sweet apricots. This is one easy appetizer certain to make any occasion “special.”
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 round Brie cheese (8 ounces)
- Assorted crackers
- In a small saucepan, combine the apricots, brown sugar, water, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in rosemary.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Remove rind from top of cheese. Place in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish. Spread apricot mixture over cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve with crackers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brie with Apricot Topping in Country Woman January/February 2006, p50
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Brie with Apricot Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review