Brie with Almonds
This nut-topped cheese round looks so elegant and impressive for holiday occasions. No one will guess that the recipe is actually a snap to prepare.—Mildred Aydt, Chanhassen, Minnesota
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 round Brie cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon brandy, optional
- Assorted crackers
- Place Brie in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish. Combine the
- butter, almonds and brandy if desired; pour over Brie.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is
- softened. Serve with crackers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 141 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer