Just six ingredients are all I need to create an elegant appetizer perfect for entertaining. The tart cranberry compote pairs well with creamy Brie cheese. —Katherine Watson, Omaha, Nebraska
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 pound Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, vinegar, cranberry sauce and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 12 minutes.
- Brush bottoms of bread with butter; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Top bread with Brie. Bake for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spoon cranberry mixture over cheese, about 1 tablespoon on each. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Brie Toasts with Cranberry Compote in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p79
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Brie Toasts with Cranberry Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2012
"I found that 1 cup of balsamic vinegar was way too tart for my taste, so if I make it again, I'll try using quite a bit less."