- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 pound Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, vinegar, cranberry sauce and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 12 minutes.
- Brush bottoms of bread with butter; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Top bread with Brie. Bake for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spoon cranberry mixture over cheese, about 1 tablespoon on each. Yield: about 2 dozen.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Brie Toasts with Cranberry Compote
Sort By :
I found that 1 cup of balsamic vinegar was way too tart for my taste, so if I make it again, I'll try using quite a bit less.