Brie Tartlets with Caramelized Balsamic Onion Marmalade Recipe
- 4 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cut into 30 pieces
- Toasted slivered almonds, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until softened. Add brown sugar, vinegar and garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 35-40 minutes or until deep golden brown. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 2. Place tart shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Place one piece of cheese in each; top with onion mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 tartlet equals 67 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Brie Tartlets with Caramelized Balsamic Onion Marmalade
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer