These elegant bite-size tarts combine sweet caramelized onions with creamy Brie to create a simple yet sophisticated appetizer…perfect for your next party.—Erin Chilcoat, Smithtown, New York
- 4 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cut into 30 pieces
- Toasted slivered almonds, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until softened. Add brown sugar, vinegar and garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 35-40 minutes or until deep golden brown. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Place tart shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Place one piece of cheese in each; top with onion mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Brie Tartlets with Caramelized Balsamic Onion Marmalade in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p95
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Brie Tartlets with Caramelized Balsamic Onion Marmalade
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review