- 1 round (13.2 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Assorted crackers
- Slice Brie horizontally in half. Sprinkle one cut side of Brie with blue cheese; top with remaining Brie.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 14-in. square. Cut off corners to make a circle. Spread jam to within 1 in. of pastry edge; sprinkle with nuts. Place Brie on top; fold pastry over the cheese and pinch edges to seal.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush top and sides of pastry with egg. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from the baking sheet. Let stand for 1 hour before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 10 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Brie Puff Pastry
Sort By :
"Where do I buy these star-shaped crackers?"
"I make this for parties but use raspberry Jam and add about an extra Tablespoon EACH of Jam first then the crumbles, then slivered almonds to the top of the pastry- This makes it a true show stopper!!!"
"This a showstopper on Christmas eve. Much nicer than just a plate of cheese slices. And it is so easy."
"A delicious recipe for an Appetizer using Brie, Blue Cheese, Apricot Jam, & Toasted Sliced Almonds in Puff Pastry."