Brie Puff Pastry Recipe
- 1 round (13.2 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut Brie horizontally in half. Sprinkle blue cheese over bottom half; replace top.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 14-in. square. Trim corners to make a circle. Spoon jam onto center of pastry; sprinkle with almonds. Top with Brie. Lightly brush edges of pastry with beaten egg. Fold pastry over cheese, pressing edges to seal completely and trimming excess pastry as desired.
- 3. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet, seam side down. Brush top and sides of pastry with egg. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4. Immediately remove from pan to a serving plate; let stand 45 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 10 servings.
1 wedge (calculated without crackers) equals 328 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer