Brie Puff Pastry Recipe
- 1 round (13.2 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Slice Brie horizontally in half. Sprinkle one cut side of Brie with blue cheese; top with remaining Brie.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 14-in. square. Cut off corners to make a circle. Spread jam to within 1 in. of pastry edge; sprinkle with nuts. Place Brie on top; fold pastry over the cheese and pinch edges to seal.
- 3. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush top and sides of pastry with egg. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from the baking sheet. Let stand for 1 hour before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 10 servings.
1 wedge (calculated without crackers) equals 328 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer