- 1 round (13.2 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut Brie horizontally in half. Sprinkle bottom half with blue cheese; replace top.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 14-in. square. Trim corners to make a circle. Spoon jam onto center of pastry; sprinkle with almonds. Top with Brie.
- Lightly brush edges of pastry with beaten egg. Fold pastry over cheese, pinching edges to seal; trim excess pastry as desired.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet, seam side down. Brush pastry with beaten egg. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan to a serving plate; let stand 45 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 10 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Brie Puff Pastry
Sort By :
"Where do I buy these star-shaped crackers?"
"I make this for parties but use raspberry Jam and add about an extra Tablespoon EACH of Jam first then the crumbles, then slivered almonds to the top of the pastry- This makes it a true show stopper!!!"
"This a showstopper on Christmas eve. Much nicer than just a plate of cheese slices. And it is so easy."
"A delicious recipe for an Appetizer using Brie, Blue Cheese, Apricot Jam, & Toasted Sliced Almonds in Puff Pastry."