My husband was in the Air Force so we've entertained guests in many parts of the world. I acquired this recipe while in California. It's one of my favorite special appetizers. —Sandra J. Twait, Tampa, Florida
- 1 round (13.2 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut Brie horizontally in half. Sprinkle bottom half with blue cheese; replace top.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 14-in. square. Trim corners to make a circle. Spoon jam onto center of pastry; sprinkle with almonds. Top with Brie.
- Lightly brush edges of pastry with beaten egg. Fold pastry over cheese, pinching edges to seal; trim excess pastry as desired.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet, seam side down. Brush pastry with beaten egg. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan to a serving plate; let stand 45 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Brie in Puff Pastry in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p6
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Brie Puff Pastry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review