Simmer up the earthy flavor of fresh mushrooms and the richness of Brie cheese in one delicious, creamy soup. I serve big bowlfuls to warm up everyone on chilly days.—Maria Emmerich, River Falls, Wisconsin
Recommended: Classy Appetizers for Your Oscars Party
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook and stir until tender. Stir in broth, paprika, soy sauce and dill. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until cheese is melted (do not boil). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Brie Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Brie Mushroom Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review