Brie Mashed Potatoes
These rich, buttery whipped potatoes are delicately flavored with Brie and fresh thyme—and likely to become a family tradition for special occasions. Thanks to Yvonne Starlin of Portland, Tennessee for the recipe.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 pounds potatoes (about 12 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender;
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with milk, cheese, butter, thyme,
- salt and pepper.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 260 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.