These rich, buttery whipped potatoes are delicately flavored with Brie and fresh thyme—and likely to become a family tradition for special occasions. Thanks to Yvonne Starlin of Portland, Tennessee for the recipe.
- 4 pounds potatoes (about 12 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with milk, cheese, butter, thyme, salt and pepper. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Brie Mashed Potatoes in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p11
Reviews for Brie Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2013
"I made these for Thanksgiving Dinner last year and it won rave reviews. This is our special occasion mash now! Getting ready to make it again for this year's Thanksgiving!"
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2009