“My family is picky, but everyone loves these little bites. I make dozens of them at a time because they're gone the second I turn my back.”
—Colleen MacDonald, Port Moody, British Columbia
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt and white pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed
- In a small skillet, saute leek in butter until tender. Add the
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cream, salt, pepper and
- nutmeg; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place tart shells on a baking sheet. Slice cheese into 15 pieces;
- place one piece in each tart shell. Top each with 1-1/2 teaspoons
- leek mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until heated through. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 15 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tartlet equals 86 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a