Brie-Leek Tartlets Recipe
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt and white pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed
- 1. In a small skillet, saute leek in butter until tender. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Place tart shells on a baking sheet. Slice cheese into 15 pieces; place one piece in each tart shell. Top each with 1-1/2 teaspoons leek mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until heated through. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 appetizers.
1 tartlet equals 86 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Brie-Leek Tartlets
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer