- 1 medium leek (white portion only), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt and white pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed
- In a small skillet, saute leek in butter until tender. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place tart shells on a baking sheet. Slice cheese into 15 pieces; place one piece in each tart shell. Top each with 1-1/2 teaspoons leek mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until heated through. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 appetizers.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Brie-Leek Tartlets
Sort By :
"Made these for Thanksgiving and every one was raving about them. Loved them. Will make for the next holidays..."
"Made these tonight for my husband & my mother, who is visiting from out of town. They absolutely loved these! And there weren't any leftovers! Will definitely make again!"
"Made these for the first time tonite for my appy party and they did not disappoint! Like magic, they all disappeared really, really quickly (note-there were only 5 of us). Did make my own phyllo mini tart shells for this as well. Copies of recipes requested. Absolutely fantastically tasty!!"
"I substituted mini pie shells for the tartlets."
"OMG! These are soooo tasty! I have made them many, many times. Everyone loves them. It makes a lot more filling than necessary so I double up on the shells. Don't worry though, they'll get eaten!"