- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 round (13.2 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Apple slices
- Roll puff pastry into a 14-in. square. Spread jam into a 4-1/2-in. circle in center of pastry; place cheese over jam. Fold pastry around cheese; trim excess dough. Pinch edges to seal. Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheet. Beat egg and water; brush over pastry.
- Cut the trimmed pastry pieces into decorative shapes and place on top; brush with egg mixture if desired. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm with apple slices. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Brie in Puff Pastry(3)
Sort By :
I have used this recipe for many years! It pairs so well with entertaining and a glass of wine or a beer! It tastes better as the evening goes on and only adding more golden delicious apple slices is ALL you have to do! Fantastic appetizer!!
Nothing beats this for presentation. Do take the time to arrange the scraps of dough into a bow or flower on top. Your guest will never know how easy it was to make!
This is my favorite way to prepare baked brie. I've tried several other recipe's but ultimately, I keep coming back to this one. I love the mild sweet flavor along with the savory cheese and puff pastry. I always receive great compliments when I prepare this for parties.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Brie Puff Pastry Appetizer >
- Cheese Puff Pastry Appetizer >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >