Brie in Puff Pastry
This rich stylish appetizer shared by field editor Marion Lowery of Medford, Oregon adds an elegant touch to any get-together.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 round (13.2 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Apple slices
- Roll puff pastry into a 14-in. square. Spread jam into a 4-1/2-in.
- circle in center of pastry; place cheese over jam. Fold pastry
- around cheese; trim excess dough. Pinch edges to seal. Place seam
- side down on ungreased baking sheet. Beat egg and water; brush over
- Cut the trimmed pastry pieces into decorative shapes and place on
- top; brush with egg mixture if desired. Bake at 400° for 20-25
- minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm with apple
- slices. Yield: 8-10 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now