- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Unfold puff pastry; cut into 36 squares. Gently press squares onto the bottoms of 36 greased miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until golden brown. With spoon handle, press squares down again.
- Spoon a rounded 1/2 teaspoonful of preserves into each cup. Top with cheese; sprinkle with nuts and chives. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Brie Cherry Pastry Cups
"Followed exactly. Did not go over very well. I think that maybe it was the brie. Not everyone likes it. May try again with something else."
"Outstanding! It's tempting to eat several after tasting them. Made them exactly like the recipe and will make them for special occasions. A little pricey for all the ingredients, but it is worth it."
"Tasty treat. I used a light brie and the cheese did not melt very well. It was still tasty nevertheless. I will make with regular brie next time."
"I use premade pastry cups, goat cheese, walnuts in syrup and cranraisins. The chives wouls be great for Christmas color."
"Also wanted to add that some slivered almonds on top instead of, or possibly even in addition to, the chives would be heavenly! ;)"
"This sounds utterly fabulous! I like the idea of using some apricot preserves as a change even though I dearly love anything cherry. I did notice that pretty much without exception, the lower rated reviews seemed to be because the recipe was not followed as written. Puff pastry and phyllo dough are NOT the same thing. And I've never noticed individual cherries in cherry preserves. Sounds like somebody didn't read very well & was using maybe maraschinos? Anyway, I'll be making these for sure! I can already taste them without ever having made them!"
"These are a perfect balance of flavours. The cherry preserves give a perfect touch of sweetness to go with the cheese. Everyone devours these."
"A fun recipe to play around with too. I made these and also made them using corned beef, cream cheese and chives. Great recipe and full of flavor."
"Excellent recipe with lots of possibilities for change. Note: puff pastry and phyllo are NOT the same."
"I will make these again, but change things a bit. I used 5 sheets of phyllo dough for each cup, and that was fine. I used two cherries per cup, and found that too strong. For the cheese, I used a Brie log (for lack of a better word) and found the quarter shaped circles not enough. The balance of flavor was off. Next time I will just use just one cherry and a decent chunk of cheese. The presentation is beautiful and colorful."