- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Unfold puff pastry; cut into 36 squares. Gently press squares onto the bottoms of 36 greased miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until golden brown. With spoon handle, press squares down again.
- Spoon a rounded 1/2 teaspoonful of preserves into each cup. Top with cheese; sprinkle with nuts and chives. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Brie Cherry Pastry Cups
"Followed exactly. Did not go over very well. I think that maybe it was the brie. Not everyone likes it. May try again with something else."
"Outstanding! It's tempting to eat several after tasting them. Made them exactly like the recipe and will make them for special occasions. A little pricey for all the ingredients, but it is worth it."
"Tasty treat. I used a light brie and the cheese did not melt very well. It was still tasty nevertheless. I will make with regular brie next time."
"I use premade pastry cups, goat cheese, walnuts in syrup and cranraisins. The chives wouls be great for Christmas color."
"Also wanted to add that some slivered almonds on top instead of, or possibly even in addition to, the chives would be heavenly! ;)"