Brie Cherry Pastry Cups
These yummy little appetizers almost taste like dessert. They are always a big hit at parties. —Marilyn McSween, Mentor, Ohio
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Unfold puff pastry; cut into 36 squares. Gently press squares onto
- the bottoms of 36 greased miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Using the end of a wooden spoon
- handle, make a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each. Bake
- 6-8 minutes longer or until golden brown. With spoon handle, press
- squares down again.
- Spoon a rounded 1/2 teaspoonful of preserves into each cup. Top with
- cheese; sprinkle with nuts and chives. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 61 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as