I love fresh strawberries, and I try to enjoy as many as possible during the season. Because so many strawberry recipes are quite sweet, I wanted to start the meal with something savory, so I came up with strawberries, cheese and good bread.
Recommended: Summer Fruit Desserts
- 12 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with oil. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread Brie over toast; top with strawberries. Drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with thyme. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Brie-Berry Bruschetta in Reminisce August/September 2011, p51
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Brie-Berry Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review