“Hearty, warm and filling, this pretty strata is great for a gathering. You can substitute 2 cups of shredded Swiss cheese for the Brie, if you wish.” — Lee Elrod, Newnan, Georgia
Recommended: 13x9 Potluck Recipes
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 loaf sourdough bread (1 pound), cubed
- 1 round Brie cheese (8 ounces), rind removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, red pepper and potato in oil until tender.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread, onion mixture, Brie and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Brie-and-Veggie Brunch Strata in Taste of Home December/January 2010, p33
Reviews for Brie-and-Veggie Brunch Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2010
"Delicious. Served to my book club and received rave revews and recipe requests."
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2010
"I made this for a New Year's Day brunch and it was a big hit. I didn't make any changes to the recipe and would make it again as is."