“Hearty, warm and filling, this pretty strata is great for a gathering. You can substitute 2 cups of shredded Swiss cheese for the Brie, if you wish.” — Lee Elrod, Newnan, Georgia
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 loaf sourdough bread (1 pound), cubed
- 1 round Brie cheese (8 ounces), rind removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, red pepper and potato in oil until tender.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread, onion mixture, Brie and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Brie-and-Veggie Brunch Strata in Taste of Home December/January 2010, p33
Reviews for Brie-and-Veggie Brunch Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review