- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 cups cubed day-old sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 pound Brie cheese, rind removed, cubed
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 green onions, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with sausage mixture, red peppers, Brie and Parmesan cheeses and basil. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, mustard, pepper and salt; pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Brie and Sausage Brunch Bake
Sort By :
"Easy to make and delicious !"
"Took this to Easter Brunch and was asked to share by all 7 families"
"I used box turkey stuffing instead of sourdough beard, and it turned out awesome! I suggest this recipe to anyone who loves a good breakfast!"
"I already have a few tried & true egg & sausage bake recipes, but I wanted to try something different for Christmas breakfast. The Brie and sweet red peppers variation intrigued me, but I wasn't sure how well the change would go over with the rest of the family. However I needn't have worried, it was a hit and will be added into the rotation of tried and true recipes."
"So tasty! I made this for Christmas brunch and will make it again for next Christmas brunch too!"