I've made this brunch bake for holidays, as well as for a weekend at a friend's cabin, and I always get requests for the recipe. It's make-ahead convenient, reheats well and even tastes great the next day. —Becky Hicks, Forest Lake, Minnesota
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 cups cubed day-old sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 pound Brie cheese, rind removed, cubed
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 green onions, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with sausage mixture, red peppers, Brie and Parmesan cheeses and basil. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, mustard, pepper and salt; pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Brie and Sausage Brunch Bake in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p67
Reviews for Brie and Sausage Brunch Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review