Brie and Prosciutto Tart Recipe
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a food processor, process pecans until finely chopped. Add flour and sugar; cover and pulse until blended. Add butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolk, water and mustard. While processing, gradually add egg yolk mixture until dough forms a ball.
- 2. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 14x4-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 18-22 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute shallots in oil until tender. Add spinach; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until wilted. Remove and set aside to cool.
- 4. Meanwhile, in the same skillet, cook prosciutto over medium heat until slightly crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and seasonings. Spoon spinach mixture into crust; pour egg mixture over top. Top with prosciutto and cheese.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with thyme. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Before topping with thyme, securely wrap and freeze cooled tart in plastic wrap and foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Sprinkle with thyme. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 248 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Brie and Prosciutto Tart
"Super Yummy !"
"Very tasty! We used the deli-ham and cut it into smaller pieces and didn't end up using all of the eggs/milk mix because our pan wasn't deep enough."