- Combine the egg yolk, water and mustard. While processing, gradually
- add egg yolk mixture until dough forms a ball.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 14x4-in.
- fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 18-22 minutes or until
- crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large skillet, saute shallots in oil until tender. Add spinach;
- cook 1-2 minutes longer or until wilted. Remove and set aside to
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, cook prosciutto over medium heat
- until slightly crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. In a large
- bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and seasonings. Spoon spinach mixture
- into crust; pour egg mixture over top. Top with prosciutto and
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Sprinkle with thyme. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Editor's Note: You may use an ungreased 9-in. round fluted tart pan with removable bottom instead of a 14-in. x 4-in. pan. Bake as directed.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 248 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.