- pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg yolk,
- water and mustard. While processing, gradually add egg yolk mixture
- until dough forms a ball.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 14-in. x 4-in.
- fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake at 350° for 18-22
- minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large skillet, saute shallots in oil until tender. Add spinach;
- cook 1-2 minutes longer or until wilted. Remove and set aside to
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, cook prosciutto over medium heat
- until slightly crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. In a large
- bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and seasonings. Spoon spinach mixture
- into crust; pour egg mixture over top. Top with prosciutto and
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Sprinkle with thyme. Serve warm. Yield: 12
Editor's Note: You may use an ungreased 9-in. round fluted tart pan with removable bottom instead of a 14-in. x 4-in. pan. Bake as directed.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 248 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.