Bride and Groom Cupcakes Recipe
Who doesn't love a bitty bite of cake? For party-day ease, make the cupcakes one month before and freeze. Prep the accessories two days ahead and store at room temp in an airtight container. Whip up the frosting and assemble the cupcakes in no time on the big day! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package strawberry or yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 7 to 8 tablespoons 2% milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate candy coating disks, melted
- 1/2 cup vanilla candy coating disks, melted
- 1 large marshmallow
- 1/2 cup green candy coating disks, melted
- White pearl dragees, flower sprinkles, white edible glitter and colored sugar
- Small piece of tulle
- Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat shortening and butter until light and fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, 6 tablespoons milk and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Transfer half of the frosting to another bowl. Add baking cocoa and 1-2 tablespoons remaining milk to achieve desired consistency. Add lemon peel and extract to remaining frosting.
- Using melted chocolate, pipe 12 bow ties onto waxed paper. For bride's crown, pipe a 1-1/4-in. ring with melted vanilla coating. Immediately arrange dragees onto ring.
- For groom's hat, spoon a 1/2-teaspoon round of melted chocolate onto waxed paper into a 1-3/4 inch circle. Cut a 1/4-in. slice from the top of marshmallow. Dip marshmallow in chocolate coating and place in the center of chocolate round. See photo >
- Using melted green coating, pipe 12 bouquet stems onto waxed paper. Immediately attach flower sprinkles. Let decorations stand until set. See photo >
- Pipe lemon frosting onto half of the cupcakes and chocolate frosting onto remaining cupcakes. For bride, add crown to the top of a lemon-frosted cupcake and attach a piece of tulle for veil; add a bouquet and sprinkle with glitter.
- For groom, add top hat to the top of a chocolate-frosted cupcake. Attach a bow tie and pearl dragees for buttons.
- Decorate remaining cupcakes with bouquets, bow ties, dragees, glitter and colored sugar as desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Bride and Groom Cupcakes in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p49
Reviews for Bride and Groom Cupcakes(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2012
these are super cute and the cake came out really moist and fluffy. I made them for a cousin's wedding shower and everyone thought they were adorable!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >