Bridal Cake Frosting Recipe
- 10 cups shortening, divided
- 35 cups confectioners' sugar (about 10 pounds), divided
- 2-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 10 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 5 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, cream 2 cups shortening. Gradually beat in 7 cups confectioners' sugar. Add 1/2 cup milk; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 teaspoon almond extract. Repeat four times. Store in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before decorating cake. Yield: 40 cups.
1 cup: 863 calories, 49g fat (12g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 105g carbohydrate (98g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Bridal Cake Frosting
"Looks good, just wondering what kind of "shortening" do you use????"
"I used this recipe to make pull-apart cupcake cakes. It has incredible flavor and is easy to frost with."