Bridal Cake Frosting
I've made wedding cakes for 15 years. I use box mixes but created my own frosting recipe. It has a nice flavor, plus it pipes and sets up well. I used this frosting on the cake when our daughter, Delores, married cowboy Les Jensen.
- 10 cups shortening, divided
- 35 cups confectioners' sugar (about 10 pounds), divided
- 2-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 10 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract, divided
- 5 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Almond Extract, divided
- In a large bowl, cream 2 cups shortening. Gradually beat in 7 cups
- confectioners' sugar. Add 1/2 cup milk; beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 teaspoon almond extract. Repeat
- four times. Store in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature
- before decorating cake. Yield: 40 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 863 calories, 49 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 105 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.