I've made wedding cakes for 15 years. I use box mixes but created my own frosting recipe. It has a nice flavor, plus it pipes and sets up well. I used this frosting on the cake when our daughter, Delores, married cowboy Les Jensen.
- 10 cups shortening, divided
- 35 cups confectioners' sugar (about 10 pounds), divided
- 2-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 10 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 5 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- In a large bowl, cream 2 cups shortening. Gradually beat in 7 cups confectioners' sugar. Add 1/2 cup milk; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 teaspoon almond extract. Repeat four times. Store in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before decorating cake. Yield: 40 cups.
Originally published as Bridal Cake Frosting in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p47
Reviews for Bridal Cake Frosting
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2012
"Looks good, just wondering what kind of "shortening" do you use????"
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2011
"I used this recipe to make pull-apart cupcake cakes. It has incredible flavor and is easy to frost with."