I've made wedding cakes for 15 years. I use box mixes but created my own frosting recipe. It has a nice flavor, plus it pipes and sets up well. I used this frosting on the cake when our daughter, Delores, married cowboy Les Jensen.
- 10 cups shortening, divided
- 35 cups confectioners' sugar (about 10 pounds), divided
- 2-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 10 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 5 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- In a large bowl, cream 2 cups shortening. Gradually beat in 7 cups confectioners' sugar. Add 1/2 cup milk; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 teaspoon almond extract. Repeat four times. Store in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before decorating cake. Yield: 40 cups.
Originally published as Bridal Cake Frosting in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p47
Reviews for Bridal Cake Frosting
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2012
"Looks good, just wondering what kind of "shortening" do you use????"
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2011
"I used this recipe to make pull-apart cupcake cakes. It has incredible flavor and is easy to frost with."