- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup almond brickle chips or English toffee bits
- In a bowl, combine the dry cake mix, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla; mix well. Stir in pecans. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; dip top of each ball into toffee bits and set 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: About 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Brickle Cookies
"spiderminnow, isn't a 9 oz cake mix a JIFFY Mix ???"
"First of all, what kind of cake mix comes in a 9 ounce size? My box was an 18.25 so I doubled all of the rest of the ingredients. I did not chill the dough--just added the toffee bits (I omitted the pecans) and mixed all together. Came out great! Very easy once I figured out the ingredients ratio!Thanks for sharing!"